So its valentine’s day and what’s a good time to share a few awesome tips for helping you Staying Single Forever other than today.
Yes, there are people who actually desire the single life and abhor the notion of marriage or sharing their life with another person.
However, should you not want a lifestyle shared with only yourself, the following advice can still be relevant. Simply turn the horrible advice inside out and upside down, to do completely the opposite!
For getting you started on the road without a significant other to share your life journey and experiences, here are your 7 tips for how to stay single the rest of your life…
1. Be a complaint machine and detest everything about your life. Forget joy and laughter, be a misery guts and share every complaint that you have about your life with anyone who’ll listen. Emit loads of negative energy, practice wearing a frown or scowl whenever you’re out and about. As for generosity and doing something kind or helpful for another human being …are you kidding me? Go down that route, of thinking beyond yourself, and you may be in danger of becoming attractive to others, and we mustn’t have any of that.
2. Never be grateful for any gesture of kindness or generosity and never use the words “thank you”, no matter how large a favour someone may have done for you. Learn to suppress all feelings of gratitude for anything terrific that might show up in your life and avoid all outward displays of affection towards other people.
3. Demand attention on you at every turn and never listen to another person. Be completely self absorbed and always have the next thing that you want to say already in mind, before the other person has even finished speaking. Remember, it’s all about you and everything that you have to say is of utmost importance and interest. The world revolves around you. You are the center of your universe.
4. Become someone with whom you would least like to spend time. Learn to suppress your sense of humor or feelings of empathy for another person’s circumstances. List all the characteristics of people with whom you enjoy spending time. Once you have that list, go to work on eliminating each of those attributes in yourself.
5. Whatever you do, stay home much more often than you’d ever go out. Decline invitations to attend dinners or events, never plan trips for holidays, make certain that most of your entertainment is at home and engage in many activities that can be enjoyed solo. Set up furnishings and rooms your house to make things difficult for accommodating guests and visitors, providing you with quick and easy excuses for not inviting people home.
6. Laziness and selfishness are paramount. Personal hygiene and grooming are optional. Have a shower, wash your hair, clean your nails and brush your teeth only when you feel like it. You live alone, right? So, who’s around to care? Do only what you want and only when you feel like doing it. Let the dishes pile up, ignore the housework and gardening. As for the bedding, it’s your bed and only you get to lie in it, change the sheets when you feel like it.
7. Avoid all personal development. Never engage in thoughts, conversations, reading books, viewing videos, listening to speakers that may open you mind to fresh ideas and exciting possibilities for your future. Remain stagnant and revel in the status quo of all things. Do not develop yourself into an interesting person. Remember, the fewer people who like you, the greater the chance of not growing a network of friendships which, of course, is the last thing you want!
In the words of Miya Yamanouchi, “Don’t let society fool you into believing that if you don’t have a girlfriend or boyfriend then you’re destined for a life of misery. The Dalai Lama has been single for the last 80 years and he is one of the happiest people on earth. Stop searching for happiness in places outside of yourself, and start finding it where it has always been: within you”.
Although this post is limited to only 7 ideas, I’m certain you have more to add. Expand this list of seven, in the comments area below. Simply think of great ways to attract a partner and reverse it, for turning it into a piece of “horrible advice”.
While you’re conjuring up your own tips for staying single, enjoy listening to Thea Westra’s FREE 50-minute audio titled 100 Forward Steps Life Power Tips. You also get a free PDF ebook of 179 Forward Steps life power tips, to accompany the MP3. In fact, you get 50 free PDF ebooks!